To view licensure requirements and recognized dental specialty qualifications
Only the following Dentistry Specialties are recognized by Dubai Health Authority (DHA):
2. Dental Radiology
3. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
4. Oral Medicine
5. Oral Surgery
7. Pediatric Dentistry
8. Primary Care Dentistry
11. Restorative Dentistry
12. Forensic Dentistry
Healthcare professionals applying for licensure are required to pass DHA assessment in order to acquire professional license and practice in the Emirate of Dubai. The DHA assessment can be either Computer Based or Oral depending on the health professional's category.
The DHA conduct computer based assessments in collaboration with Prometric testing and assessment company. To view the list of DHA computer based exam.
To book the DHA Computer Based assessment, the applicant needs to submit an online licensure application through "Sheryan" e-licensing system to the Health Regulation Department (HRD). After completing the credentialing process by the HRD team, the applicant will be issued a DHA assessment eligibility number which is required to complete the online application, book test date and select location of the test center.
For further information regarding the assessment guidline and exemption criteria.
For further information regarding the computer based assessment
The computer based assessment fee will be paid electronically either by credit card or prepaid card. Only MasterCard and Visa Card is accepted. Prepaid credit cards can be easily obtained from various places like banks and major supermarkets.
To book DHA oral assessment date, applicant shall complete licensure application through "Sheryan" e-licensing system to the Health Regulation Department (HRD). After completing the credentialing process by the HRD team, the applicant may select the oral assessment type and date.
There are two types of assessment schedules available:
Special assessment which provides the applicant with:
a) Opportunity for earlier dates in the assessment schedule.
b) Arrange rare specialty assessment, like in case of specialties e.g. Nuclear Medicine or Podiatrist etc. (such specialties for which no fixed schedule is available, the assessment will be arranged on case per case basis).
Oral assessment fees:
Physicians and Dentists
• The DHA professional license can be issued after passing the DHA assessment and completing required licensure process such as employing facility and presenting evidence of malpractice insurance coverage.
• The validity of DHA assessment results is for one year from the date of passing the assessment. If the professional license is not issued during this period, the assessment results will be considered null and void and the applicant will have to appear for another assessment.
• The applicant is allowed maximum of three attempts to pass the DHA assessment. He or she cannot take another DHA assessment unless proof of upgrading relevant qualification or training is provided.
Option 1 : Online Test Series for DHA (Dubai)
Online Tests are available at www.aheadacademy.com
• Tests & Discussions covering all subjects to prepare you for DHA (Dubai) Part - I Exams alongwith study material.
• Every Sunday tests are conducted simultaneously online & at AHEAD Academic Test Centers.
• Previous Tests are available for repeat attempts online 24 hours x 7 days
• Study material in the form of books recommended for DHA are sent to all enrolled candidates by courier
Option 2 : Regular Classes with Tests & Discussions for DHA (Dubai)
• Classes are conducted by experienced faculty in all specialties on every Sat & Sun as per the predecided Schedule. Summarized Class notes are distributed.
• Mock DHA Exams are conducted followed by discussions with experts & explanatory answers are distributed after the tests.
• Single-best answer MCQs as per the DHA Exam Pattern.
• Doubt Solving sessions are also conducted with the teachers in all subjects.
• Weekly assignments are given to all students in order to prepare for the next forthcoming subject wise test.
DHA Review Series is a set of Booklets that comprise of summarized theory assignments in the form of notes, points, tables, charts, key concepts and salient features. Relevant summaries of all 16 dental subjects are included which are followed by multiple choice questions.
DHA Review Booklet are available in
1. Complete Denture
2. Conservative Dentistry
3. Dental Materials
4. Dental Radiology
5. Fixed Partial Denture
6. Gen. Medicine
7. Gen. Pathology
8. Gen. Surgery
9. Oral Medicine
10. Oral Pathology
11. Oral Surgery
16. Removable Partial Denture