Bachelor Of Dental Surgery or BDS is one of the most popular and designated degree
FIND OUT MORE
AHEAD Dental Academy is a well-established name in the field of PG dental Entrance
AHEAD Dental Academy is a Leader in continuing dental education
AHEAD Dental Academy is one of the most known for foreign exam coaching
Factors Controlling the Bacterial Penetration at tooth Restoration Gaps
1) Size and Nature of Gap
– Size- Range (10-50 μm)
– Nature- Self sealing ability of restorative material (deposition of mineral salts of low solubility in the space, accumulation of corrosion products, calcification of the plaque like debris around the margins and etc.)
2) Host defence
– Sclerosis of Dentinal tubules
– Reparative Dentine
– The hydrostatic pressure of the pulp is higher compared to the outside pressure of the oral cavity. This pressure difference moves the dentinal fluid outwards which opposes the bacteria and their products moving inwards, though only to a negligible extent.
– Some plasma proteins in the dentinal fluid may act as antibacterial substances and large molecular weight proteins like fibrinogen make dentin less permeable to bacteria.
– GIC, Composites, Compomers etc. release fluorides in gaps
There are no reviews yet.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your review *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Membrane fluidity: Fluidity of membrane is highly dependent upon the lipid composition of the membrane. Cholesterol modifies the fluidity of the membrane. At temperature below Tm it interferes with…
Factors Controlling the Bacterial Penetration at tooth Restoration Gaps 1) Size and Nature of Gap – Size- Range (10-50 μm) – Nature- Self sealing ability of restorative material (deposition…
Teeth Arranged in the oral cavity in two arches called the dental arches one upper (Maxilla) and one lower (Mandible). Each dental arch has a midline, an imaginary…
Medial Surface of the Parietal Lobe This surface of the parietal lobe contains a portion of the cingulate gyrus and the medial extension of the postcentral gyrus. It is…